The ShamRock Philosophy:
The ShamRock School of Music approach to learning how to play music is far different than music lessons offered at a typical music store. We believe that learning how to play a musical instrument should be fun and rewarding for both the student and their family. Not only will ShamRock students learn to play an instrument from a staff of highly qualified teachers, but we will immerse them into the world of music like never before.
The ShamRock "Opportunity Rocks" program will give each student the opportunity to perform on stage in a live coffee house setting or on the big stage in concert sometime during the school year.
All ages are welcome! Our experienced staff has taught ages from 65 years young to 5 years old!
We believe in providing a well-rounded music education through our "Magical History Tour" history of rock appreciation program which is included with your tuition.
The ShamRock Difference:
- Our management staff has over 50 years of music industry experience.
- ShamRock is conveniently located in the center of Pompton Plains, within walking distance from PV Middle School and the high school.
- Our school is clean and new; designed specifically for teaching music lessons.
- Conveniently shop for all those accessories that are needed: reeds, strings, polish, tuners and music books.
- The ShamRock lounge is a great place to hang before, after or while you wait for a student to complete a lesson. A flat screen TV, wireless internet, healthy snacks and drinks are all made available for both the student's and parent's comfort.
- Every teacher and employee must pass a rigorous background check so that you know your child will be learning to play an instrument in a safe environment.
- Each student will be given the opportunity to experience Pride in Performance. Learning an instrument is certainly an accomplishment in itself, but performing in front of friends and family is an educational and thrilling experience. There will be opportunities for open mics, jam sessions, concerts and other performances during the school year through our "Opportunity Rocks" program.
- Additional classes in performing with a band or ensemble will also be offered so that the student can get the most out of their musical lessons.
- At the end of each semester, the student will receive their "Musical Score," an evaluation of their semester's work. They know exactly where they stand and what they need to work on to get the most out of their musical instrument education.
- Not for Kids Only.......ShamRock wants everyone to play! It's never too late to start playing an instrument. Live out your dream! We have lesson programs that can be tailored to any level of learning at any age.
- Immerse yourself in the world of music through our "Magical History Tour." Artists that have shaped our music today will be featured in our lounge. Students will be given opportunities outside of their lesson to discuss, review and learn about the artist and their music, which is very important in developing their own musical styles.